Mateis Salt Cave
Frequently Asked Questions
Since dry salt therapy is 100% natural and drug-free, there are no negative side effects. After sessions, you may experience a slight cough, minor tightness in the chest or runny nose, but this is simply the salt doing its work to remove mucus and toxins from the lungs and airways.
The sessions should be frequent; about two or three a week is suggested.
For irreversible conditions, two to three-month follow-up sessions are recommended to maintain the clear lungs.
In most patients, after a course of Dry Salt Therapy, airways become normal and symptoms disappear. The treatment’s efficacy is estimated at 75-98%. Most clients do 1-2 Salt Therapy courses a year. In between they might come back for some top-up sessions, if they start to feel poorly, e.g. they are coming down with a cold.
- Improve lung function
- Reduce the number of hospital admissions
- Alleviate sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Clear mucus and sticky phlegm from the lungs
- Increase the resistance to respiratory tract diseases
- Strengthen your immune system
- Prolong remission times